Book Review: Fortune Cookie

18:30

Hello Internet!
It's time for my monthly book review! You may have noticed that I missed last month's review. If you want to know why, I did a post explaining myself here.
Even though I didn't actually do a book review, I did quite a lot of reading in December. For this month's review, though, I'm going to do the one which I read first.





Title:
Fortune Cookie (the sixth book of the Chocolate Box Girls series)

Author:
Cathy Cassidy

Genre:
Young Adult Fiction

Description:
The final book of the Chocolate Box Girls series follows Jake, the Tanberry sisters' newly discovered half-brother.
It comes to a shock to Jake when he receives a message saying that he actually has a much bigger family than what he originally thought. At first, he denies the message and ignores it but, when he finds himself in trouble and doesn't have anywhere to run to, his new family becomes his only option. But Jake doesn't know anything about the Tanberrys. Will he be welcome there? And, even if it is, can anyone really help him turn things around?

My Thoughts and Opinions:
I've read all of the other books in this series and this one was just as good as the rest. Even though the series seems to be aimed at a much younger audience, I really enjoy the stories. If I'm honest, I didn't really find this book as gripping as the previous five. I think the others seemed a bit more mature than this one. Maybe that's because I read them when I was a bit younger, I don't know. Anyway, if you're looking for a light and easy read and you enjoy reading books with happy endings, this one is for you.
Also, I don't think you need to read the whole series to read this book alone. It's really easy to follow and it mentions everything you need to know. However, I do recommend reading the others because, in my opinion, most of them are probably a bit better.


I hope you enjoyed the book review. If you do decide to read Fortune Cookie, let me know your opinions in the comments below.
Also, sorry I haven't posted much recently. I'm going to try harder to get more content on here from now on. There'll be a new post on Saturday, so stay tuned for that!

Thanks for Reading,
Elsie A x






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

What is your favourite season?